The Working Artists Ventura (WAV) project was designed and built with green principles and was the first LEED™ Certified affordable housing building completed in the state of California.
LEED™ stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. It is the nationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high-performance green buildings and has become the green building-industry standard for rating buildings. Jai Rhythm is proud of the design principles behind the WAV and we are grateful to be a part of the community.
WAV Complex Green Building Features:
- LEED™ Certified
- Energy-Star Appliances
- Car-sharing program
- Solar Power
- Recycled Building Materials
Within the walls of the WAV at our yoga studio, Jai Rhythm strives to minimize our carbon footprint from our initial design choices through the everyday studio operations.
Jai Rhythm Yoga Studio Green Features:
- Sustainably harvested lumber flooring
- Natural light featured over artificial sources
- Recycled lumber for signage
- High efficiency hand dryers
- Radiant heat flooring minimizes energy use for heating
- Reverse osmosis filtered water freely available for filling reusable water bottles
- Minimal use of paper throughout studio operations
- Reusable cups for complimentary tea
- Bike to class incentive program