How do you put a zipper pocket on your pants?
- Get the item of clothing you want to add your pocket to,
- Place one piece of the pocket fabric on the outside of your clothes item where you want it to be, and pin into place.
- Machine stitch around all sides of the rectangle you have drawn
- Push the pocket through to the back of the main clothes fabric.
Can I add pockets to leggings?
Adding a pocket onto the side of a pair of leggings is a great way to make them more functional. You can extend your pocket sides into the side panel seams making them extra sturdy.
How do you sew a phone pocket?
Sew the pocket
- Fold your rectangle in half height-wise, right sides together.
- Sew the sides and the lower edges closed, leaving a 7 cm (2 3/4″) opening in the middle of the lower edge.
- Trim corners.
- Turn the pocket right side out through the opening.
- Poke out corners and fold in the seam allowances of the opening.
Why is there a zipper on the back of my leggings?
Zips are an alternative to hooks and buttons..which are usually placed at back side of women’s clothes. This enables the designer to place some visually appealing imagery like embroidery, sequence work,mirror work,patch work or paint patterns etc on the front side.
Use a fingertip to keep the button in its place. Turn the needle around and push it back down through the hole opposite the one you came up from. Push it all the way through and tug the thread tight. You should be left with a single small line of thread across the button, connecting the two holes.